ECFIs Theory of change
ECFI believes that community foundations have an important role to play by building and utilising resources; convening and connecting people and organisations; and adding value through local knowledge and expertise - which will lead to long-term change in local communities in relation to building trust and collaboration; enhancing the potential for self-determination and empowerment; and achieving social cohesion. We therefore see a need for ECFI to highlight and promote the value added by community foundations in Europe; to provide opportunities for learning and connecting; and to further develop facilitator and leadership roles, which will result in leverage of physical, financial and human resources.
ECFI’s STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- facilitate interaction and learning, sharing new knowledge and fostering collaboration among CFSOs in Europe to strengthen the support infrastructure
- inspire and facilitate growth in the CF field in Europe
- stimulate CFs in Europe to exercise their community leadership role and collaborate on pressing issues, including inequality, migration and climate change
- build and share knowledge about the CF field in Europe
- leverage financial resources and other support for the development of the CF field in Europe
- increase awareness and understanding of the SDGs and their relevance to the work of community foundations in Europe
ECFI SUPPORTS CFS AND CFSOS AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE FIELD BY:
- offering capability building through a variety of individual and organisational development activities;
- undertaking research and analysis of the field;
- building relationships and sharing knowledge and information about community foundations and their work.