ECFI’s Theory of Change
ECFI believes that creating spaces and opportunities for cross-national conversations, relationship-building and sharing of the experiences and practices of community foundations and other philanthropy practitioners (on a variety of themes of global and cross-national importance) at various levels will result in impact in relation to capacity, capability, connections and credibility within the Community Foundation Movement.
Specifically ECFI will:
- facilitate individual and organizational learning and expertise;
- inspire individuals and organizations to leadership and joint action;
- produce practice-based knowledge;
- empower CFs in dealing with difficult issues in their communities and own development trajectories;
- grow mutual solidarity and strengthen the CF field overall;
- complement face-to-face interactions with virtual spaces and on-line tools and resources.
ECFI’S STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Facilitating interaction and learning, sharing new knowledge and fostering collaboration among CFSOs in Europe to strengthen the support infrastructure
- Inspiring and facilitating growth in the CF field in Europe
- Stimulating CFs in Europe to exercise their community leadership role and collaborate on pressing issues, including inequality, migration and climate change
- Building and sharing knowledge about the CF field in Europe
- Leveraging financial resources and other support for the development of the CF field in Europe
- Increasing awareness and understanding of the SDGs and their relevance to the work of community foundations in Europe